After having the privilege of working with SWCAP Deputy Director David Vobora and his team on this project, the WebWise Design & Marketing team recently launched a new website for Southwestern Wisconsin Community Action Program (SWCAP).
A rural, non-profit, anti-poverty agency, SWCAP is comprised of a team of caring, knowledgeable administrators, program managers, and staff dedicated to serving eligible people in the Wisconsin counties of Grant, Green, Iowa, Lafayette, and Richland.
SWCAP offers diverse programs and services that help income eligible individuals and families in the areas of:
- Health and Wellness: a network of education, financial assistance, and supportive counseling programs to help improve the physical and mental health of eligible area residents.
- Housing: support programs for home repairs and energy upgrades, rental and buying assistance, as well as emergency housing.
- Education: including the Head Start program for young children, the Foster Grandparents program, as well as continuing education and job skill improvement programs.
- Transportation: LIFT provides transportation to medical appointments, work, school, and shopping. The Car Loans program is for income-eligible individuals who need financial assistance buying a car for work.
- Employment: business development programs provide assistance for beginning and growing small businesses.
SWCAP also supports community programs such as food pantries, thrift stores, and Neighborhood Health Partners.
We support SWCAP in their mission of service and their work of helping those in our rural area overcome barriers, grow as individuals, and improve our local communities for future generations.