- Retweet: It is simple. Share what you learn.
- Use Hashtags: Maximize your audience. Use hashtags, e.g. #Twitter #Twittertips #SocialMedia
- Tweet at regular intervals (start with a couple) and at the same time of day
- Follow those who follow you (though check out their tweets to be sure they are a good fit)
- Reply to mentions to build engagement
- Do NOT retweet an URL without following it first to see if it is appropriate
- Follow or favorite people who retweet your Tweets to increase followers
- Tweet about your own blog posts (with a link to the post)
- Tweet about your new or updated products or services (with a link to the page on your website)
- Tweet discount codes or coupons
- Don’t tweet all about you. Tweet about others as well.
- It is fine to tweet the same thing more than once, though do it at a different time of day.
- Use Hootsuite.com or a similar tool for scheduling and monitoring your Tweets
Leave enough character spaces for your handle to display if you are retweeted, e.g., @webwisedesign and one space takes up 14 characters, so we have fewer than 126 characters available for our tweet content.
Here are a couple of good resources for you:
If you need help getting started with Twitter, or want to get better at using Twitter as part of your Social Media marketing strategy, give us a call.
Call Today! 1-800-281-9993 or 608-822-3750