What kind of first impression does your website make for your business, community, or organization?
First Impressions Matter! Not many of us would argue that. Unfortunately, when it comes to websites, many business owners, as well as community and organization leaders, don’t often think about how they make their first impression. The reality is that the first impression formed by your prospective customer or visitor is not likely to be made when the visitor walks up to your front door. It most likely will be made online, and in rapidly increasing instances, it will be made on a mobile device.
- Does your website look as professional as you believe your business or organizations is?
- Does your website look professional on phones and tablets as well as a desktop computer?
- Is it attractive enough to make the visitor spend some time on it?
- Can your visitor quickly determine what you offer?
- Can your visitor quickly find your contact information?
- Does it convey enough to make prospects want to contact you, or order online?
- Can they call you with the touch of a button on their mobile device?
People are busier than ever, and their time is precious. The reality is, if your website is more than three or four years old, it likely does not meet Google’s current mobile-friendly standards. If that is the case, you are not making a good first impression when prospects see your website on a mobile device.
First Impressions Matter!